Focus On: Black & White Photography
Address: 23 Donegall Street
Postcode: BT1 2FF
Start Date: Thursday 13th April 2017 18:00
End Date: Thursday 27th April 2017 21:00
Duration: 3 Weeks
Days: Every Thursday until end date
Disabled Access: Yes
Tutor: Mervyn Smyth
Course Duration: 3 x Three Hour Sessions
When: Thursday 13, 20 & 27 April 2017
Time: 6pm - 9pm
Number of Places: 5
Earlybird £120 - Expires 13th March
With our own photographic history being built on black & white film, we recognise the importance of this medium and how these skills link to digital photography, from picture taking to post production and the final print.
This course will be run over 3 x three hour sessions starting with picture taking, through to the editing and processing, and finishing with high quality printing. We also look at composition and taking images in full frame capturing the entire scene and obtaining correct exposure and metering techniques. The image taking skills are mirrored by our post production learning.
What You Will Need
- No requirements. We provide all of the equipment and materials. Though, you can bring your own camera.
What You Will Learn
- Understanding the composition, focusing, metering and exposure when picture taking.
- How to correctly process a roll of black & white film.
- Choosing the correct film for the correct picture taking.
- Looking at ISO levels and grain in film and how to use them.
- Looking at various types of paper, from graded fibre based paper to multigrade resin coated paper.
- How to print in tonal ranges and grade levels, and techniques such as pre flashing paper and split grade printing.
- How to produce exhibition quality prints.
For more information contact Conor at firstname.lastname@example.org
NB Listings on whatsonni.com are provided by our users. Whatsonni.com are not responsible for any errors, ommissions or inaccuracies.