Camino Walk for AWARE
Frency Way - Sarria to Santiago
Postcode: BT33 0AH
Start Date: Friday 11th November 2016 17:00
End Date: Saturday 16th September 2017 09:00
Entrance Fee: 350 Euros Registration Fee
Disabled Access: Yes
Are you interested in walking the amazing Camino way for AWARE in 2017? The French Way or Camino Francés (#caminofrances) is the most famous of all the Camino de Santiago routes, featuring in many documentaries, books and movies such as ‘The Way’.
Along the French Way, you will discover beautiful cities, charming medieval towns and stunning landscapes: the Pyrenees, the vineyards of La Rioja, the vast open spaces of the Meseta, the rugged mountains of Léon and O Cebreiro and finally the peaceful hills of rural Galicia before reaching Santiago de Compostela.
The last section of the French Way from Sarria to Santiago is also the most social part of the route, where you will meet many fellow trekkers and find the real spirit and camaraderie of the Camino!
Mindful walking: Camino de Santiago is a fantastic place to practice Mindfulness and the art of being in the present moment. The silence and being present is good for your mental health. Use this opportunity to leave your worries and stress behind and concentrate on the fulfillment this walk will bring to your life and the sense of achievement you will have when you finish.
- 7 nights’ accommodation in 3 star hotel/guesthouses
- Return flights from Dublin Airport to Santiago de Compostela
- Walking guide and ground assistance
- Breakfast and dinner
- Luggage transfer (1 piece)
- Airport transfers
Conditions of Entry
- For this challenge we require a (non- refundable) registration fee of €350 which will guarantee your place and secure your flight. The registration fee can be paid in euros in any of the AWARE offices or a cheque for €350 can also be sent to our offices. Your space cannot be confirmed until the registration fee is paid.
- Minimum sponsorship of €2090. It is the endeavour of the participant to raise as much above this amount as possible in aid of AWARE. (Note: there is a €1,090 cost to cover your transport, accommodation, food, transfers, guides and back-up team.)
- 10 weeks before the departure date (7th July 2017) you are required to have sent to AWARE 80% (€1,672) of the minimum sponsorship.
NB Listings on whatsonni.com are provided by our users. Whatsonni.com are not responsible for any errors, ommissions or inaccuracies.