Autumn Talks Series: ‘Belfast 1900-1925: Years of Conflict & Transformation
Online talk via Zoom
Clifton House Belfast, 2 North Queen Street
Belfast Charitable Society are proud to announce the return of our Reconciliation Fund supported Autumn Talk Series, in conjunction with Dr Eamon Phoenix and other noted historians. The lectures will be via Zoom broadcast live from Clifton House on Thursday evenings at 7pm, commencing 4 November 2021. Each lecture will last approximately 60 minutes followed by a Q&A session.
Belfast 1900-1925: Years of Conflict & Transformation
- 4 Nov | The North Began: Political and Cultural Stirrings in Belfast 1900-25 | Dr Éamon Phoenix
- 11 Nov | Belfast and the First World War: From Mobilisation to a City Divided 1914-20 | Jim McDermott
- 25 Nov | A Volatile Cocktail: Politics, Sectarianism and the North Belfast Election of 1905 | Dr Alan Parkinson
- 2 Dec | Emerging Identities: Women in Belfast 1900-25 | Dr Myrtle Hill
- 9 Dec | Supping at the Bitter Gourd: The Belfast Labour Movement 1900-25 | John Gray
Please note the pre-sale is for a block booking for attending all five lectures via Zoom. Tickets for individual lectures will be available at a future date.
Please note that talks are held weekly on Thursdays from 4 November, with the exception of 18 November.
Zoom codes are unique for each talk and will be sent out on the morning of the event to the email address provided at registration.