Here are ten exciting things taking place 5 – 11 December 2022
- Christmas Shopping Evening at the Gobbins Visitor Centre, Islandmagee, County Antrim, 6 December. Enjoy a festive evening on Tuesday 6th December from 5pm-8pm and shop till you drop with 10% discount off selected items and local craft maker demonstrations.
- Cinderella – The Midnight Princess, Belfast, 30 November – 8 January. You shall go to the ball and have a truly magical family experience at the MAC Belfast with the ultimate rags-to-riches tale of Cinderella. Packed with great song and dance routines, hilarious comedy, dazzling scenes, sumptuous sets and magical special effects, Cinderella in the MAC is fun for all the family. Cinderella also comes to the Grand Opera House from 3rd December – 15th January. Visit www.goh.co.uk for more details. From drama to ballet to blockbuster West End musicals, there’s something for everyone.
- Weekends with Santa in Galgorm, Ballymena, County Antrim, 26 November – 18 December. Santa touches down in Galgorm, so be sure to bring the little ones to deliver their Christmas letter! Enjoy a delicious four-course lunch in either Gillies Grill or Fratelli Ristorante, along with a visit from Santa himself. Delicious four-course lunch from £38.95 per person, kids £25 per person, including a gift from Santa.
- Santa Cruise with Strangford Lough Activity Centre, Killinchy, County Down, 3 – 17 December. Join their merry old elf for a hair-raising sleigh ride around the islands onboard their fast speed boat – Black Jacket. Hold onto your Santa hats as you fly through the waters of Strangford Lough. You will be carol singing all the way, listening to some Christmas tunes whilst riding the waves back to Santa’s Grotto. Warm up by the fireside in their cosy cabin with mince/apple pies, mulled wine or hot chocolate. Then visit Santa and the elves and find out if you’ve been naughty or nice! Public trips available on Saturdays and Sundays throughout December. Group trips (10+ people) available on other dates.
- Christmas Wonderland in The Jungle, Magherafelt, County Londonderry, 2 – 23 December. From old fashioned board games and a ride on the Jungle Express for little ones to meeting Santa himself. There is something for everyone in the family including a host of adventure activities to keep the older kids entertained too.
- Winter Wonderland at Todds Leap Activity Centre, Ballygawley, County Tyrone, 1 – 22 December. Santa’s mischievous little elves are wreaking havoc throughout Todds Leap. Come along and tour their amazing Winter Wonderland. Experience one of the best Santa Grottos in Northern Ireland, where you can write your letter to Santa, visit the elves in the Post Office to post your letter, get your ticket for Santa’s sleigh, board Santa’s off-road sleigh, help the elves in Santa’s workshop, and much more.
- A Christmas night with The Mummers at Ulster American Folk Park, Omagh, County Tyrone, 8 December. Join the Ulster American Folk Park at Mountjoy Meeting House on Thursday 8th December for a Christmas night with the Mummers. Let them transport you back in time to the 19th Century where you can enjoy the flavours and smells from Christmas past. There will be refreshments on arrival from costumed guides, before Captain Mummer interrupts the evening with his troop to entertain you. This is a unique and wonderful way to kick start the Christmas season.
- Cancer Connect NI Winter Wonderland 2022, Enniskillen, County Fermanagh, 2 – 10 December. Cancer Connect NI is delighted to announce the return of their Magical Winter Wonderland to the Island town of Enniskillen. Once checked in at the ticket booth at the railway station, located at Eden Street, you will be greeted by Mrs Claus and her elves, before being invited to board their amazing Polar Express. The Polar Express will travel through the beautiful town of Enniskillen, discovering the festive windows along the route and taking excited parents and children to a secret castle location!
- Christmas Cupcake Decorating at The Argory, Dungannon, County Armagh, 10 – 11 December. Make some Christmas family memories as you decorate tasty treats. A great day out with the little ones to kick-start a wonderful month of Christmas fun. This event is free, but normal admission charges apply for the venue.
- Royal Hillsborough Christmas Market, County Down, 9 December. Royal Hillsborough Christmas Market returns to The Dark Walk and Hillsborough Fort for one day only on Friday 9th December. The market starts as twilight sets in at 3pm and remains open until 9pm. The gates of The Dark Walk will be open for an evening of sparkling festivities. Hillsborough’s independent shops will be staying open for late night shopping too, making it a perfect location for the idyllic Christmas shopping experience.
Booking is essential for most activities. Book in advance to avoid disappointment. Subject to availability.
For more information on what’s on or to plan a short break in Northern Ireland, visit https://discovernorthernireland.com/featured-pages/your-giant-guide-to-short-breaks