DiscoverNorthernIreland.com has stacks of fun things to do across NI, from family days out to gigs and cultural events. Here are ten exciting things taking place this week (31 December – 6 January)
1. The Governor’s NYE Ball, Belfast, 31 December. Celebrate your New Year’s Eve with fabulous food, fun and laughter at The Governor’s Ball in the Crumlin Road Gaol. The unique Victorian Era prison provides a stunning backdrop to your New Year’s Eve party which will kick off with a magical drinks reception, followed by a three course meal and entertainment from live five piece band Conspiracy.
2. Vienna!, Derry~Londonderry, 6 January. Vienna! Ah Vienna! Let the Ulster Orchestra and charismatic guest performers take you to the glittering world of Strauss for the waltz of your life at the Guildhall Square.
3. New Year’s Eve, Belfast, 31 December. Enjoy a fabulous cocktail on arrival and a light supper at Titanic Belfast this New Year’s Eve, before dancing the night away in front of the stunning Titanic staircase
4. Dippy on Tour, Belfast, 6 December – 6 January. As part of a road trip across the UK, Dippy is venturing out of London for the first time since 1905. He is currently in the Ulster Museum until 6 January 2019 – and he’s on a mission to inspire five million natural history adventures, encouraging families to explore nature on their doorstep.
5. Winter Circus, Belfast, 14 December – 1 January. Following their run of sold out shows at this year’s Eastside Arts Festival, those wonderful, wacky folks down at Tumble Circus are back again with The Winter Circus Show at Writer’s Square.
6. The Three Amigos, Belfast, 5 January. Jimmy Buckley, Robert Mizell and Patrick Feeney have played a major part in the transformation of country music in Ireland. All three enjoy hugely successful solo careers and when they come together for this unique performance at the waterfront Hall, the chemistry and the magic generated on stage is truly very special.
7. Homegrown, Derry~Londonderry, 4 January. Homegrown, the annual local music extravaganza, returns for its seventh year to the Millennium Forum. Featuring Paul Casey with his band, Paddy Nash and the Happy Enchiladas, PORTS, and newcomers ‘The Inside Out’ featuring George Hutton.
8. Winter Skate at SSE Arena, Belfast, 15 December – 4 January. Skating sessions at the home of the Belfast Giants, the SSE Arena, take place this festive season. Enjoy a family day out by purchasing a site pass which allows access to skating, W5 and a Giant’s Game. Please note
9. Vienna!, Ballymena,5 January. Vienna! Ah Vienna! The Ballymena concert is a special celebration of the music of Vienna, which instantly transports you to a bygone age of glitz and glamour that saw the Austrian capital become a hub for the composers and musicians of the day. Whether it’s the Merry Widow, The Blue Danube or the unforgettable Radetzky March, it’s a wonderful opportunity to welcome the new year with an uplifting celebration of live orchestral music.
10. Gandeys Greatest Snowman Circus, Belfast, 20 December – 6 January. This one-hour show is packed full of comedy from Chico Rico – Europe’s superstar clown – and thrilling circus acts, which has been specially created, costumed and choreographed to be Belfast’s must see show this Christmas.
For more information on these events or to plan a short break in Northern Ireland, visit www.DiscoverNorthernIreland.com.