DiscoverNorthernIreland.com has stacks of fun things to do across NI, from family days out to gigs and cultural events. Here are ten exciting things taking place this week (3- 9 June)
1. World Oceans Day, Portrush, 8 June. Join Visit Causeway for an exciting boat trip with the Irish Whales and Dolphins Group on-board the Causeway Lass.
2. BBC Radio 4’s Gardener’s Question Time Summer Garden Party, Newtownards, 8 June. BBC Radio 4’s Gardeners’ Question Time is returning to the shores of Strangford Lough to hold its annual Summer Garden Party in the beautiful surrounds of the National Trust’s Mount Stewart.
3. Belfast Book Festival 2019, Belfast, 7-16 June. This year’s line-up at The Crescent Arts Centre and partner venues across the city features authors, comedians and journalists, delivering a unique, diverse and highly creative programme that caters from a wide range of interests and explores many topical themes.
4. Fun Bike Food Tour Weekend , Strangford, 7-9 June. An exclusive short break in one of the most beautiful parts of Northern Ireland, combining both culinary and cycling adventure for 10 people led by award winning Belfast City & Country Bike Tours.
5. Bushmills Salmon & Whiskey Festival, Bushmills, 7-9 June. Two days of fantastic entertainment and activities will spread across Bushmills Main Street, Millennium Park, Bushmills Distillery and The Salmon Fisheries.
6. Causeway Coast Amateur Golf Tournament ,Ballycastle, 3-7 June. Experience golf like you have never experienced it before with The Causeway Coast Amateur Golf Tournament. Having run successfully since the 1960s it attracts up to 600 golfers annually from all over the world.
7. Shortcross Gin Evening , Bangor, 7 June. Join The Old Inn for a fantastic evening of gin and food, and learn about Shortcross Gin from the experts. Evening includes blended gin cocktails and a four course tasting menu.
8. Kaz Hawkins, Downpatrick, 7 June. ‘My Life and I’ is an intimate and personal show coming to the Down Arts Centre about Kaz’s life in song, aiming to highlight mental health issues such as abuse, drug addiction, domestic violence and more.
9. Something in the Air, Belfast, 1-9 June. Coming to the MAC and produced by the Brassneck Theatre Company this play tells the tale of hundreds of families fleeing south to refugee camps, escaping the violence, but one young woman lost more than just her home. Fifty years later, she is forced to confront the events of that summer in a way she could never have imagined.
10. Paddle Boarding in Binevenagh, Limavady, 9 June. Flow with nature through Binevenagh, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, while on a stand up paddleboard lesson. This is a sport which can be enjoyed at any pace but will also give you time to take in the scenery while hearing about the heritage of the local area from knowledgeable instructors.
For more information on these events or to plan a short break in Northern Ireland, visit www.DiscoverNorthernIreland.com.