DiscoverNorthernIreland.com has stacks of fun things to do across NI, from family days out to gigs and cultural events. Here are ten exciting things taking place this week (27 May- 2 June)
1. Maritime Memories, Bangor, 31 May. This tour departs from North Down Museum, and includes Eisenhower Pier, Donaghadee, the Ards Peninsula and Portavogie. Learn the important role of the Coastguard in the modern day, visit a Lifeboat Station and hear of local legends and tales of the sea.
2. Ballymoney Show, Ballymoney, 31 May-1 June. The Ballymoney Show is a local agricultural show providing two days of entertainment for the whole family. Show includes livestock judging, food tents with cookery demonstrations, agricultural products, artisan foods, local crafts as well as entertainment in the form of music, football competitions and tug of war.
3. The Epic Journey to The 148th Open, Portrush, 30 May. The Epic Journey to The 148th Open tour will include golf’s most iconic trophy, the Claret Jug along with a giant #TheOpen letter sculpture, designed by Tourism NI and made out of 4,000 golf balls. Have the opportunity to take a photo with the replica Claret Jug, chat with local sports stars and put your pitching skills to the test as the tour comes to Portrush.
4. French Wine Dinner, Derry~Londonderry, 31 May. For an evening out with a difference, come along to Brown’s fabulous French Wine Dinner. Enjoy sparkling wine on arrival and a six course tasting menu with perfectly paired wines; a wonderful dining experience and a delight for foodies and wine lovers.
5. Use Your Senses Belfast 5K, Belfast, 1 June. Walk, jog or run a sensational 5K. This family friendly fun run on behalf of Guide Dogs features five sensory experiences at Sense Stations along the route. Use your senses and change the lives of families living with sight loss.
6. Belfast Titanic Maritime Festival, Belfast, 25-27 May. There will also be lots to see and do over the weekend in Titanic Quarter with live music, authentic nautical cuisine and family fun. You’ll also be able to experience Belfast’s rich maritime heritage through a bumper-packed programme of free activities along the Maritime Mile.
7. Cookstown Continental Market, Cookstown, 1-2 June. Cookstown Continental Market will feature over 40 traders from as far afield as Morocco, India, Belgium, France, Russia, Holland, Spain and China, who will set up stalls alongside local traders from the weekly street market.
8. Belfast Girls, Downpatrick, 31 May. Packed with songs from the Belfast Girls page, this comedy play will have you dancing in the aisles. Also starring the hilarious Christina Nelson from ‘I’ll Tell My Ma’ and directed by Alan McKee (Handbag Positive)
9. AVA Festival, Belfast, 31 May-2 June. The festival showcases the best in local talent across audio visual arts as well as bringing some of the best International artists in the field to Belfast. AVA have showcased shows in Belfast such as Jeff Mills & Guillaume Marmin’s ‘Close Encounters of the 4th Kind’, Bicep (Live), Larry Heard aka Mr Fingers (Live), Rodhad, Fatima Yamaha (Live), DVS1 and more.
10. Rathlin Sound Maritime Festival, Ballycastle, 24 May-2 June. The festival celebrates the culture, cuisine and coastal treasures with an exciting sea-focused programme of nautical themed events in Ballycastle and Rathlin Island.
For more information on these events or to plan a short break in Northern Ireland, visit www.DiscoverNorthernIreland.com.