DiscoverNorthernIreland.com has stacks of fun things to do across NI, from family days out to gigs and cultural events. Here are ten exciting things taking place this week (10 – 16 December)
- Christmas Twilight Market, Belfast, 11 – 12 December. Sample local food, drink and craft stalls, and enjoy a programme of live entertainment and cookery demonstrations against a spectacular backdrop of twinkling twilights at St. George’s Market.
- Enchanted Winter Garden, Antrim, 7 – 17 December. Antrim Castle Gardens are transformed into the Enchanted Winter Garden, creating a magical Christmas experience for family and friends. Bigger and better than before, the Enchanted Gardens includes a Festive Fayre, a 35m Ferris Wheel, a Victorian Helter Skelter, street theatre and much more.
- Christmas Winterland Markets, Derry~Londondery, 13 – 16 December. The popular Christmas Winterland Markets in Guildhall Square welcomes the best of artisan traders, offering visitors a family friendly shopping experience with a wide selection of specialty Christmas foods and handcrafted products.
- Brass On Your Doorstep, Bangor, 14 December. The Ulster Orchestra’s brass section presents an informal concert at Bangor Abbey that mixes seasonal classical music from across five centuries, with carols and popular tunes from the Great American Christmas Songbook.
- Winter Circus, Belfast, 14 December – 1 January. The wonderful, wacky folk at Tumble Circus are back again with The Winter Circus Show in the fantastic, central location of Writer’s Square. Never ones to conform, the Tumble Circus troop will treat you and your family and friends to a winter extravaganza unlike anything else on offer in Belfast.
- Festive Vintage Afternoon Tea, Holywood, 16 December. Set at the very heart of the Ulster Folk & Transport Museum, Cultra Manor retains much of its traditional architectural splendour. Experience the Edwardian ritual of afternoon tea with your nearest and dearest this festive season.
- Family Festive Film, Limavady, 15 December. Join Roe Valley Arts Centre for the modern classic Christmas film Elf, starring Will Ferrell as Buddy, an elf who discovers he’s human and sets off on an adventure to find his real family. Heartwarming and hilarious.
- Santa’s Magical Kingdom, Dungannon, 6 – 16 December. Santa and Mrs Claus are looking forward to meeting all the good boys and girls this Christmas when they return to The Argory. Listen to a festive tale from Mrs Claus and meet some elves before you pop in to see Santa.
- Christmas Wonderland, Magherafelt, 1 – 23 December. This festive family event, at The Jungle, is unique in its offerings. Not only can visitors share a meet and greet with Santa, but they can also have a giggle with his colourful Elves, enjoy exciting adventure activities, get creative with a spot of arts and crafts or grab a cuddle with the curious creatures in the Woodland Petting Farm.
- Days of Christmas Past, Omagh, 8 – 16 December. This Christmas celebrate the yuletide season at the Ulster American Folk Park at the Days of Christmas Past event. With a range of traditional festive activities, including fireside story readings, sing-a-longs, seasonal treats and visits to Santa and Mrs Claus, it offers something for all the family.
For more information on these events or to plan a short break in Northern Ireland, visit www.DiscoverNorthernIreland.com.