DiscoverNorthernIreland.com has stacks of fun things to do across NI, from family days out to gigs and cultural events. Here are ten exciting things taking place this week (20 – 26 August)
- Belfast Mela 2018, Belfast, 26 August. Music, dance, arts and culture come together as the Mela transforms Belfast’s beautiful Botanic Gardens into a magical global garden filled with the sights, sounds and aromas of nations from around the world.
- Hilden Beer and Music Festival 2018, Lisburn, 24 – 26 August. Held in the grounds of Hilden Brewery and Hilden House, this ever-popular three-day ale-tasting event proudly boasts all that is great in terms of craft beers and ciders from the UK and Ireland, gourmet food and a huge range of live musical acts.
- Jika Jika! Festival, Derry~Londonderry, 25 – 26 August. Respected Irish promoters Jika Jika! promise to bring something new and exciting to Ebrington Square. Their first ever festival is set to feature stages curated by Denis Sulta and Green Velvet across two days, plus a cultured mix of talents including Octave One Live, Willow and Charlotte De Witte.
- Shortcross Gin Blues Afternoon, Downpatrick, 26 August. A blistering summer afternoon of blues music and Shortcross Gin at Rademon Estate. The afternoon includes live entertainment, local food makers and a fully stocked Shortcross Gin bar.
- Lap The Lough 2018, Dungannon, 26 August. Get off the typical tourist trail and explore some of Northern Ireland’s unique countryside, landscapes and attractions by joining 2500 other cyclists on a journey around Lough Neagh. Whether you’re participating or spectating this is a great way to round off the summer season.
- The Auld Lammas Fair, Ballycastle, 26 – 28 August. Two days of trading, bartering, busking, amusements, street entertainment and competitions add to the atmosphere in the beautiful seaside town of Ballycastle. The fair hosts over 400 stalls offering local crafts and locally sourced produce and is free to attend
- Maiden City Ink, Derry~Londonderry, 24 – 26 August. The biggest tattoo convention in Northern Ireland hosting award winning artists from all over the globe. Whether you’re looking to get inked, show off your body art or curb your curiosity, this is guaranteed to be a great weekend with a buzzing atmosphere.
- Sideboard Sideshow, Newcastle, 25 August. Superbly silly, stunningly surreal and seriously stupid the world of Sideboard Sideshow comes to Newcastle Promenade. A blend of awesome skills including acrobatics, juggling and fire this high energy show is full of fun, laughter and unpredictability.
- Flashdance the Musical, Belfast, 21 – 25 August. Coming to the Grand Opera House, Flashdance – The Musical is the inspiring and unforgettable story of Alex a determined welder who dreams of becoming a professional dancer. When a romance complicates her ambitions, she harnesses it to drive her dream of attending Shipley Dance Academy.
- Foyle Pride Festival, Derry~Londonderry, 18 – 26 August. The aim of Foyle Pride Festival is to acknowledge, empower and celebrate the LGBT community. The festival features a week of workshops held throughout the city and a parade on Saturday 25 August.
For more information on these events or to plan a short break in Northern Ireland, visit www.DiscoverNorthernIreland.com.