As lovers of social media and the benefits it has we decided that there should be a way to celebrate those who are fanatical about Social Media in Northern Ireland.
Social media is a truly amazing tool. When used correctly, it allows you to communicate with those you’d never normally meet, converse with like minded people and talk about your shared passions and views. It allows companies to promote themselves, network and work with their customers – providing valuable insights, information.
The brainchild of a Crossgar native, the NISMAs aim to showcase the best that Northern Ireland has to offer on social media to the world!
We’ll be starting with nominations for each category. The nominations stage starts at 5pm 30th March and ends 8th April at 12 noon. Up-to 10 in each category, with the most votes, will be shortlisted for the finals.
People can nominate on Facebook or Twitter from 5pm today. A full list of categories and how to nominate can be found on the official NISMA Facebook page: facebook.com/NISMAwards
You can nominate as many times as you like, for as many people as you like. However, only once per person, per category.
The finalists will be announced mid April. Full details of how to vote in the finals will be given then.
You are allowed to canvass for nominations.
For up-to the minute info follow us on the Twittersphere: @NISMAwards
1. Best YouTube channel
2. Best Facebook page
3. Best Tweeter
4. Best use of social media by a cross community group/initiative
5. Best blogger
6. Best use of social media by broadcast media
7. Best use of social media by a publication (magazine/newspaper)
8. Best use of social media by a charity (must be a registered charity)
9. Best use of social media by a club/club night/bar/restaurant
10. Best use of social media by a small business (less than 15 employees)
11. Best customer service through social media
12. Best social media campaign (PR companies may enter on behalf of clients)
13. Best use of social media for an event
14. Best use of social media by a tourist attraction
15. Best use of social media by a politician
16. Best use of social media by a personality/celebrity
17. Best use of social media by a school/college/university