The Northern Ireland Tourist Board (NITB) has put together a list of 10 exciting things to do in Northern Ireland over the next week (March 4 – 10).
For more details on these and other events click on www.discovernorthernireland.com/events, visit your local tourist information centre or log onto http://www.facebook.com/discovernorthernireland
- Enniskillen Annual Drama Festival, Ardhowen Theatre, Co. Fermanagh, March 4 – 9. Now in its 33rd year, the festival is a celebration of the best amateur drama from all over Ireland. With a mix of comedy, tragedy, classical works and new writing there is something for everyone.
- The New Rope String Band in Concert, Flowerfield Arts Centre, Portstewart, Co. Londonderry, March 7. Truly unique entertainment as this band combines superb musicianship with side-splitting comic genius, performing on fiddles, accordion and bass, they have elements of circus clowning, vaudeville slapstick and sheer inspired silliness.
- Style Fair Preloved Designer Fashion Sale, Park Avenue Hotel, Belfast, March 8. Don’t miss out on a range of high end and designer clothing for sale with the best items from the High Street alongside designer and boutique brands as well as some vintage offerings.
- Saint Patrick’s Festival, Various Locations, Armagh City, Co. Armagh, March 8 – 18. With a proud link to Saint Patrick, Armagh city will host a festival catering for all audiences including a carnival parade with cultural entertainment on Saint Patrick’s Day.
- Hofesh Shechter Political Mother Shortcuts, various locations, City of Derry, Co. Londonderry, March 9. Local dance companies will showcase outdoor performances throughout the city in specially commissioned works made with the dancers of Hofesh Shechter Company.
- Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland – Film Screening, The Old Courthouse, Antrim, Co. Antrim, March 9. From Walt Disney Pictures and visionary director Tim Burton comes an epic fantasy adventure “Alice in Wonderland,” a magical and imaginative twist on one of the most beloved stories of all time. Capturing the wonder of Lewis Carroll’s beloved books, with stunning, avant-garde visuals and the most charismatic characters in literary history, “Alice in Wonderland” comes to the big screen in time to celebrate World Book Day.
- Owen O’Neill in Struck by Lightning, Strule Arts Centre, Omagh, Co. Tyrone, March 9. A brand new show of stand-up theatre from one of Northern Ireland’s finest comic story-tellers. The comedian, actor, playwright and poet has performed all over the world and has already received several awards for his one man shows.
- Keeping Sketchbooks Workshops, Down Arts Centre, Downpatrick, Co. Down, March 9. The sketchbook can be a space for drawing, doodling, collecting, recording and reflecting on life. In this workshop you can create your own simple sketchbook and explore a range of sketchbook activity.
- Mother’s Day Spring Stroll and Musical Melodies, Castle Ward, Strangford, Co. Down, March 10. Enjoy a stroll around Castle Ward with our knowledgeable guide who will lead you through the exotic Victorian sunken garden and the demesne, then relax in the Stableyard to the sounds of Vivaldi and others.
- Festival in a Day, Waterfront Hall, Belfast, March 10. Come along and enjoy a number of activities that will be taking place including storytelling, balloon modelling, a treasure hunt, crafts, mum and baby yoga and make sure you try out the longest toy car race track you’ve ever seen.