The Northern Ireland Tourist Board (NITB) has put together a list of 10 exciting things to do in Northern Ireland next week (November 3- 9).
- Imagine Arts Festival, Ulster Hall, Belfast, November 5. This unique event is an opportunity for the over 60s to get creative, be inspired and make new friends during a wide variety of captivating events and workshops… the event is FREE!
- Swan Lake, Theatre at the Mill, Mossley Mill, Newtownabbey, Co Antrim, November 5. Enjoy one of the most famous ballets of all time that combines romantic themes, classical technique and ethereal imagery together with Tchaikovsky’s majestic score.
- Comber Farmers’ Market, St Mary’s Parish Church Car Park, Comber, Co Down, November 6. An artisan food market with over 20 stalls selling a wide variety of local products including vegetables, fruits, oils, pesto, jams and chutneys as well as speciality breads, sauces, plants, eggs, fresh fish, shellfish, chocolate, fudge, venison, pies, cakes and of course the famous Comber Spud!
- All Star Country Show, The Ardowen Theatre, Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh, November 6. This promises to be an evening of good oul’ Country Music performed by a galaxy of top recording artists. The line up includes Liam McLaughlin, Tony Kerr, Chris Logue, Kathy Kane and Crawford Bell.
- Festival of Light, Mount Stewart, Co Down, November 7-9 & 14-16. This magical event returns to Mount Stewart as the woodlands come alive with lights and music. Bring the whole family for an unforgettable, fairy-tale experience with an illuminated Lake Walk and log-fires in the teepees.
- Grease, The Great Hall, Downshire Estate, Downpatrick, Co Down, November 5-8. The Award Winning St.Patrick’s Choral Society return to the beautiful surroundings of The Great Hall auditorium with their production of the smash-hit 50’s musical GREASE! This exciting production promises to be a fun night out for the whole family!
- Sound of Belfast, various locations, Belfast, November 7-15. Enjoy a week of live performances, industry workshops with music experts from Belfast and London, talent development sessions for aspiring artists, and community music initiatives to support the city’s bustling music scene.
- Armagh Restaurant Week, various locations, Co Armagh, November 1-8. Join in on Armagh’s first Restaurant Week where diners will be given the opportunity to sample local hospitality at its best, with themed menus, food promotions and demonstrations, entertainment, outstanding food and much, much more!
- Damien Dempsey Solo, The Playhouse Theatre, 5-7 Artillery Street, Co Londonderry, November 7. Damien Dempsey returns to Ireland for a huge Irish tour following the release of his latest album ‘It’s All Good, The Best of Damien Dempsey’, a celebration of his career to date, which includes six top 10 studio albums over 15 years.
- Theatre Open Day, Alley Theatre, Railway Road, Strabane, Co Tyrone, November 8. Ever wondered how a theatre works or wanted to know exactly what is involved to make a production come to life? If so, then come along and step behind the scenes for access all areas of the Alley Theatre. Throughout the day there will be paint shops, costume, wig and make-up workshops.
Please note some of the events require pre-booking.