The Northern Ireland Tourist Board (NITB) has put together a list of 10 exciting things to do in Northern Ireland next week (December 22-28).
• The Polar Express (screening), Roe Valley Arts and Cultural Centre, Limavady, Londonderry, December 23. Bring all the family to enjoy this classic contemporary festive film which showcases modern digital animation at its best.
• The Festive Express, Ulster Folk and Transport Museum, Railway Gallery, Holywood, Co Down, December 22. For one night only, join in on a magical journey aboard the Festive Express in iconic surroundings. This unique evening of festive theatre and music is brought to you by a cast of over 50 young people from Ravara Productions, accompanied by a live orchestra.
• Boxing Day Walk, Castle Espie Wildfowl & Wetlands Centre, Newtownards, Co Down, December 26. After spending a day indoors opening presents and enjoying a Christmas feast, a Boxing Day walk is a great opportunity for the family to get out and about. Castle Espie changes throughout the season and when Christmas casts its frosty spell over the wetlands, it is a magical time to visit.
• Christmas Retro Tea Dance, Ulster Hall, Bedford Street, Belfast, December 22. Put on your dancing shoes and get ready for our festive Retro Tea Dance with live band ‘Nightswing’ featuring Siobhan Pettit on vocals and the ‘Bellehoppers’ teaching beginners old-time dancing. Browse through our mini retro market selling lots of goodies and enjoy the magic of a Christmas dance evening. For over 18’s only.
• Christmas at the Zoo, Belfast Zoological Gardens, Antrim Road, Belfast, December 22. Come and visit Santa in his grotto, get a special gift and join in the festive, family fun this Christmas! Help wrap and deliver presents for the chimpanzees, decorate Christmas trees for the Asian elephants, make your own Christmas crafts, visit Mrs Claus for story time and much more.
• Santa’s IceCapades at The Navan Centre, 81 Killylea Road, Armagh, Co Armagh, December 22. Make Christmas magical with a visit to the breath-taking IceCapades. You will enjoy a mini Christmas Panto, get to meet Christmas characters, savour some festive refreshments and get involved in enthralling story-telling and exciting Christmas games.
• Christmas Country Showtime with the Stars, The Braid Arts Centre, Ballymena, Co Antrim, December 27. Enjoy a star studded line up at this year’s Christmas Country Showtime including performances by Trudi Lalor, mister country music Tony Kerr, Boxcar-Brian, 16 year old country sensation, Lauren McCrory and Tom Cooper.
• Newcastle’s Christmas Cracker, St Mary’s Hall, Newcastle, Co Down, December 27. LOL Comedy offer the finest stand up comics in Ireland and the Christmas Cracker certainly promises to be a night filled with laugh-out-loud moments and side splitting one-liners as Kevin McAleer, Rory O’Hanlon, Neil Dougan and Ruan Hand take to the stage.
• The Courtyard Theatre Cabaret, Newtownabbey, 585 Doagh Road, Co Antrim, December 28-31. A glittering mirror ball will shimmer seductively as a sensational house band plays music and cabaret dancers get everyone in the mood for a good time. And look out for the tuneful waiters who will be seating you as they may just break out into song!
• Christmas Open Days at Lough Erne Resort Golf Club, Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh, December 27. Play an enjoyable game of Winter Pairs on a Championship Golf Course at the stunning Lough Erne Resort surrounded by the beauty of Enniskillen.
Please note some of the events require pre-booking.