The Northern Ireland Tourist Board (NITB) has put together a list of 10 exciting things to do in Northern Ireland next week (December 15-21).
- Holly Jolly Sing Along, 10 Exchange Street West, Belfast, December 21. Allow the kids to sing their way through Christmas classics in this family carol service with a difference! Tambourines and sleigh bells will be provided and Christmas jumpers are encouraged!
- Santa at the Temple, Mount Stewart, Portaferry Road, Newtownards, Co Down, December 17-23. Catch the Santa Express to Temple of the Winds where you can explore the hidden grotto, see the elves in their workshop and enjoy festive refreshments before meeting Santa, Mrs Claus and the magic elf. You will hear their story, join in the fun and take home a lovely present.
- Christmas ‘Night at the Movies’ Concert, Mussenden Temple, Castlerock, Co Londonderry, December 20. Enchanting Christmas concert set in the beautiful Mussenden Temple. This year Michelle Baird, Elluna Music Trio and special guests are welcomed to the line up.
- Murder Mystery Nights, Tullylagan Road, Cookstown, Co Tyrone, until December 20. Enjoy all the Intrigue, speculation and entertainment of Mid-Ulster’s most famous Murder Mystery evenings. The night involves a beautiful four course luxury festive feast set in the haunting backdrop of the medieval banqueting hall followed Dj and dancing.
- Fusion Festivities, Island Arts Centre, The Island, Lisburn, Co Antrim. December 15-16. Fusion Theatre and the NI Concert Band invite you to join their celebrations of the festive season! Enjoy a fantastic show that will put you in the Christmas mood coming into the festive season. With popular numbers such as ‘O Holy Night’ the night promises to be a musical extravaganza.
- Shambles Christmas Market, Shamble Yard, Cathedral Rd, Armagh, December 19. Steep yourself in the Christmas atmosphere. Let the sounds and smells of festive tunes, Christmas treats and mulled wine lead you around the market. Enter the Christmas competition to be in with a chance to win a seasonal hamper brimming with market goodies.
- Christmas lanterns at Orchard Acre Farm, Irvinestown, Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh, December 21. Take part in the annual parade that brings light to darkness on the shortest day of the year. Everyone is encouraged to make their own lantern from materials provided and once all lanterns are complete the group will go on a short parade around the farm ending at the big fir tree. The youngest member of the group will then join a very special guest to help switch on the fairy lights.
- Christmas at St Georges Market, East Bridge Street, Belfast, December 19-24 This Christmas promises to be a special time at the historic St George’s Market. There’ll be choirs, children’s entertainment, face painting, family fun activities, fashion shows and tasty chocolate giveaways. Santa Claus is even expected to fly by on Friday, Saturday and Sunday!
- Ballymena Chamber Orchestra Christmas Favourites, Braid Arts Centre, Co Antrim, December 16. Join Ballymena Chamber Orchestra for their annual Christmas Concert with everyone’s favourite Christmas music. Performed in the Atrium, this is a lovely festive night out for all the family.
- Swing Swing Swing Christmas, Ardhowen Theatre, 97 Dublin Road, Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh, December 18. Bob Quick and The Big Brass Swing Band return following their recent Flive sell out concert with some Christmas Swing. Bigger and better, the 24 piece band will walk you through a Winter Wonderland of seasonal delights such as ‘Santa Baby’ and ‘White Christmas’.
Please note some of the events require pre-booking.