Tourism NI has put together a list of 10 exciting things to do in Northern Ireland next week (March 30–April 5).
- Good Friday Fun, Portaferry Visitor Information Centre, The Stables, Portaferry, Co Down, Belfast, April 3. To celebrate the reopening of Portaferry Visitor Information Centre for the summer season there will be some fun free activities going on so drop in with the children to take part on April 3 from 12-4pm.
- Easter Extravaganza at Share, Share Discovery Village, Smiths Strand, Co Fermanagh, April 3-12. Enjoy the thrills on a variety of land and water activities including one hour, two hour or even taster sessions in archery, banana boating, canoeing, climbing, orienteering, circus skills, combat corps, sailing, windsurfing and mountain biking. Various times available.
- Mount Stewart House Reopens, Portaferry Road, Newtownards, Co Down, April 3. Following a three year seven million pound restoration programme, this 19th century house opens its doors to visitors once again! The house rooms have been exquisitely re-presented and interpreted and some will be open to the public for the very first time. Visitors will have the opportunity to explore the Mansion House at their leisure from 11.30am until 4.30pm.
- Family Adventure Day, Clearsky Adventure Centre, Castle Ward Estate, Co Down, April 4. Families will love trying out the many ranges of activities including canoeing, archery and orienteering. It’s the perfect way to enjoy some quality time together whilst having loads of fun. Activities at 11am or 2.30pm.
- Acoustic Picnic, Oh Yeah Music Centre, Cathedral Quarter, Belfast, April 4. You are invited to come along to listen to some great live music for free over a picnic style lunch. All ages welcome, and this year there will be the addition of some giant board games for families and groups of friends to enjoy. So bring a picnic, order a coffee, and enjoy the atmosphere. Begins at 1pm.
- Easter at Navan Centre & Fort, The Ugly Duckling Armagh, Co Armagh, April 4-7. Enjoy family fun with lots of songs, energetic dancing, ‘quack’ crafts and lots more ‘egg-citing’ activities! Shows throughout the day.
- Downhill Easter Egg Trail, Mussenden Temple and Downhill Demesne, Castlerock, Co Londonderry, April 5-6. There will be fun for all the family as you follow the trail around the historic Downhill Demesne. Hunt for clues to crack the code and unlock the Cadbury Chocolate egg surprise. Lots of fun for the whole family! Wear clothing that is suitable for outdoors and meet at Lion’s Gate! 12-4pm.
- Jurassic Adventures, Millennium Forum, Newmarket Street, Derry~Londonderry, Co Londonderry, April 4-5. Enjoy this show aimed at families with kids aged 4-10. Audiences are encouraged to participate during the show which revolves around the official opening of the theme park. Adventures include storms, technical failures, adventures with the creatures in the park and the birth of the park’s first baby dinosaur. Saturday 4th show times are at 1.30pm and 4pm. Sunday 5th show begins at 2.30pm.
- Spring Fair Day Easter Celebrations, Ulster American Folk Park, Castletown, Omagh, Co Tyrone, April 4-6. Witness the sights, smells and sounds of a busy market day in 1900s Ulster. There will be lots of entertainers to keep you amused. Try your hand at traditional crafts of spinning or basket weaving while younger visitors help feed the baby chicks and ducks. With storytelling sessions for all the family and a chance to take your partner for a spring-time hoe-down this promises to be a great day out for the whole family. 10am – 5pm.
- Circuit of Ireland Rally 2015, various locations, Co Antrim and Co Down, April 2-4. Fans will have several opportunities to see the rally action over Easter weekend. The qualifying stage of the Rally will be based at Ballycultra Village on Thursday 2 April, followed by a ceremonial start at Belfast City Hall that evening. The rally will finish back in Belfast on the evening of Saturday April 4 and the winner will be crowned at Belfast’s Titanic Quarter. World famous actor and car enthusiast Idris Elba will be taking part in this year’s Rally when he films a documentary about racing on land, water and air.
Please note some of the events require pre-booking.