Tourism NI has put together a list of 10 exciting things to do in Northern Ireland next week (June 1 -7).
- Bargain Hunt Antiques, Art and Collectibles Fair, Greyabbey, Co.Down, June 1. Join Tim Wannacott and other art dealers for a special day of antiques in Greyabbey. Two teams will go head to head and visitors can enjoy the fun atmosphere whilst browsing the stalls of porcelain, furniture, silver, original paintings, vintage clothing and more.
- Walk the Glens Festival, Co Antrim, June 5. The Walk the Glens Festival is based around the spectacular surroundings of Glenariff, Cushendall and Cushendun. Local guides will escort you through breathtaking routes and also inform and educate on the culture and history of this famous area.
- Titanic Taster Tour – Art, Titanic House, 6 Queen’s Rd, Belfast, Co. Antrim, June 6. Join the Titanic Foundation for an exciting opportunity to enjoy a fully tutored day of location drawing with local artist Julie Douglas. Stops include the SS Nomadic, the former Harland & Wolff Drawing Offices, before finishing off in the famous Titanic Dock & Pump-House.
- Mid Ulster Vintage Rally, Springhill House, Moneymore, Magherafelt, Co Derry~Londonderry, June 6. Spectators can enjoy the largest vintage vehicle rally in mid Ulster, where hundreds of vehicles and items of machinery will be on display for all the family. The event will be hosted by the Mid Ulster Vintage Vehicles Club.
- Fleadh Cheoil Ard Macha, Parochial Hall, Blackwatertown, Co Armagh, June 5 – 7. The Fleadh will begin on Friday 5th June with a concert featuring the Crosskeys Group of Traditional Music and various local artists. The Saturday will see competitions take place all day in St Jarlath’s Primary School followed by Street Sessions.
- Omagh Laughs Back, various venues around Omagh, Co Tyrone, June 5 – 7. This brand new Festival of Comedy is brought to you by Dalys Comedy Club and will feature an array of comedy talent from all over the UK and Ireland including comedy workshops, street performers and stand up comics.
- Forest Fun and Minibeast Hunt, Florencecourt, Co Fermanagh, June 7. Families can come along and join the hunt for wildlife in the Marble Arch Caves National Nature Reserve. Children can learn all about the minibeasts fascinating lifestyles and their roles in the ecosystems.
- Christy Moore with Máirtín O’Connor Band, Belfast Waterfront, Co Antrim, June 5 – 6. Music legend, Christy Moore will entertain crowds with his much loved songs and will be joined on stage by Máirtín O’Connor, one of the most respected and best loved musicians to emerge from Ireland and one of the main musical forces behind Riverdance.
- Open Day at Grey Point Fort, Helen’s Bay, Co Down, June 6. This exciting event is organised by the Grey Point Fort Amateur Radio Society and Volunteers. Visitors can watch the Living History show from 12.30pm which will include representatives of British, German and Russian WW2 armies with their respective uniform and weapons as well as take in a display of D Company military vehicles, a collection of radios and military memorabilia.
- Photography Weekend Workshop, Ballycastle, Co. Antrim, June 6 – 7. Perfect for photography enthusiasts, this mixed weekend workshop with two award winning photographers will focus on landscapes and birds. Attendees will learn lots of new skills and techniques on what promises to be an exciting and interesting weekend.
Please note some of the events require pre-booking. For more details on these and other events click on www.discovernorthernireland.com/events, visit your local tourist information centre or log onto www.facebook.com/discovernorthernireland.