Tourism NI has put together a list of 10 exciting things to do in Northern Ireland next week (November 2 – 8).
- Belfast Design Week, various locations, Belfast, November 2-8, Belfast Design Week is a series of specially curated talks, workshops, events, pop-ups and exhibitions to promote and celebrate design and the creative economy in Belfast and beyond. It will showcase emerging and established talent and aims to create new connections across island-wide industries.
- Jamboree In The Park, Ecclesville Centre, Fintona, Co. Tyrone, November 6 – 7. The place to be this November is at Irelands Largest Indoor Country Music Festival that is Jamboree In The Park! With a range of top country music stars it is set to be an unforgettable night. From Johnny Brady to Nathan Carter, Lisa McHugh to Ritchie Remo and many more. Doors open at 7.30pm.
- Sound of Belfast 2015, various locations, Belfast, November 6-14. There are 27 events in 9 days in a festival that showcases new talent, veteran punks, electronic acts, traditional music and urban artists. Events are taking place at the Mandela Hall, Lavery’s, The Pavilion, Voodoo, The Ulster Hall, The Empire and the Bar With No Name.
- The Moscow Ballet – Swan Lake, The Market Place Theatre, Market Street, Co. Armagh, November 7. The most popular of all classical ballets and the world-renowned Moscow Ballet – La Classique demonstrate their continued quality of dance and performances in a dramatic production of this timeless favourite set to Tchaikovsky’s superb score. From 8pm.
- Nocturnal Nature Tour at Crom Estate, Newtownbutler, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh, November 5-6. Experience a personal tour with one of the rangers. Hear all about what lives and lurks around the magnificent estate when darkness falls. Booking essential.
- Family Film Saturday: Classic Cartoon Capers, Roe Valley Arts & Cultural Centre, Main Street, Limavady, Co. Londonderry, November 7. Enjoy a family afternoon of classic cartoon shorts from Disney. Featuring all the favourites including Mickey Mouse, Daffy Duck, Sylvester the Cat and Tweetie Pie, Pluto the Dog and more. The compiled shorts are a trip down memory lane for Mum and Dad and guaranteed hilarious entertainment for the kids. From 2 – 4pm.
- Cinemagic International Film Festival, various locations, Northern Ireland, until November 4. The much anticipated Cinemagic Film and Television Festival is jam-packed with creative events to motivate, educate and inspire young people! This year’s closing film preview is the World Premiere of Cinemagic’s own feature production ‘A Christmas Star’, featuring a host of film and television professionals and young actors from all over Ireland.
- ‘The Hooley Tour’ with Declan Nerney and his Band, The Braid Arts Centre, Bridge Street, Ballymena, Co. Antrim, November 5. Declan Nerney is an Irish singer of the Country and Irish genre. His big break came with his autobiographical song ‘The Marquee in Drumlish’. He has a huge following and charts on a regular basis not only in Ireland but in Scotland and England and his recordings are sought worldwide. From 8pm.
- Simply Science, Castle Espie Wildfowl & Wetlands Centre, Ballydrain Road, Co. Down, November 7-8. Join the friendly education team and take part in fun experiments to learn more about the world around us – a great experience for families who want to have fun and discover some fascinating facts along the way!
- Kiltonga Tour and Tales with Liz Weir, Kiltonga Nature Reserve, Belfast Road, Newtownards, Co. Down, November 8. Wrap up warm and enjoy a guided tour of Kitonga Nature Reserve in all its autumnal glory. Enjoy a warming hot chocolate or cuppa before settling in for an hour of enchanting storytelling at the beautiful Kiltonga Hall with Liz Weir. Tour 2.30pm Tales 4pm.
Please note some of the events require pre-booking. For more details on these and other events click on www.discovernorthernireland.com/events, visit your local tourist information centre or log onto www.facebook.com/discovernorthernireland.