Tourism NI has put together a list of 10 exciting things to do in Northern Ireland next week (December 14-20).
- Snowtube with Santa, Craigavon Golf & Ski Centre, Turmoyra Lane, Lurgan, Co. Armagh, December 16-22. Snowtubing with Santa is the perfect treat for kids aged 3 and above this Christmas. Children will spend 30 minutes Tubing and then meet Santa afterwards to receive a festive gift.
- The Music Box, Belfast Waterfront, Lanyon Place, Belfast, December 17-19. A firm favourite for the festive season, this lavish and family friendly show is an entirely new production filled with a magical selection box of music gems past, present, traditional and contemporary. The Music Box wouldn’t be complete without some of our very finest local talent including guest choirs, ballet girls and boy trebles… all to get you in the festive mood!
- Barn Session at Orchard Acre Farm, Irvinestown, Co. Fermanagh, December 18. Join the farm family and other local musicians for the last ‘wee’ session before Christmas. Whilst the majority of music played during the evening will be Irish traditional tunes; in the spirit of a traditional session they will be welcoming acoustic musicians, dancers, singers and storytellers.
- Christmas BOUNCEMANIA, Score Football Centres, Hillmans Way, Coleraine, Co. Londonderry, December 19-20. There will be over 30 inflatable’s spread over three halls for kids to bounce, slide and climb on to their hearts content – creating a wonderland of fun for them to enjoy. Santa will also arrive to meet and greet the kids and spread some Christmas cheer and treats.
- Belfast Castle Christmas Tours, Belfast Castle Estate and Cave Hill, Belfast, various dates until December 23. Take a walk through time this festive season with one of Belfast Castle’s popular Christmas tours. Tickets cost £4 per person and include tea or coffee and mince pies.
- Strabane Community Carol Service, Alley Theatre, Railway Street, Strabane, Co. Tyrone, December 17. Join in on this very heart-warming festive evening. Enjoy music from St Joseph’s Brass Band and the wonderful harmonies from Strabane Chamber Choir and soloist Roíse Ó Murchú with readings from local clerics. From 8pm to 10.30.
- Santa Paws, Castle Coole, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh, December 19. Make sure that special member of the family is part of the fun at stunning Castle Coole this Christmas! Bring your pooch to Santa Paws to enjoy a canine Christmas treat. From 11am – 12.30pm.
- Christmas Night at the Movies with Elluna, Ards Arts Centre, Town Hall, Conway Square, Co. Down, December 17. An enchanting candlelit evening of Christmas and Movie favourites performed and hosted by one of NI’s finest sopranos, Michelle Baird and her musicians, pianist Stephen Carlisle and violinist Michelle Haughian. Tickets £12 and includes mulled wine and mince pies.
- Christmas at Gracehill House, Stranocum, Ballymoney, Co. Antrim, until December 23. Visit Santa and his elves in his Grotto at Gracehill House and explore Santa’s mail room, pet shop and workshop. Children can bring their letter for Santa and post it in Gracehill House’s magical North Pole post-box. There will also be Christmas stalls and a winter wonderland!
- Winterland Express, W5 at Odyssey, Queen’s Quay, Belfast, until December 23. Take a trip on the Winterland Express, the magical miniature train ride. Travel through the enchanted forest into the icy cavern to emerge in the courtyard of Winterland Castle, where a few surprises await! The Winterland Express is free with admission to W5 and the ride lasts approximately 5 – 8 minutes.
Please note some of the events require pre-booking. For more details on these and other events click on www.discovernorthernireland.com/events, visit your local tourist information centre or log onto www.facebook.com/discovernorthernireland.