Tourism NI has put together a list of 10 exciting things to do in Northern Ireland next week (May 30- June 05).
- Rathlin Sound Maritime Festival, Ballycastle and Rathlin Island, Co. Antrim, May 27 – June 05.
Celebrating the culture, cuisine and coastal treasures of Rathlin Island and its surroundings, the ten-day Rathlin Sound Maritime Festival has a jam-packed programme of exciting sea-focused events for every age group filled with food, fun and seafaring frolics.
- The Celtic Apprentice, Navan Centre & Fort, Co. Armagh, May 30. Become a Celtic apprentice for the day as the living history team put you through your paces in the Iron Age dwelling. Try your hand at boat building, cobb oven making, wicker weaving and pottery, all important tasks in the life of the Celt.
- Gran Fondo Giro d’Italia Northern Ireland, Titanic Quarter, Belfast, Co. Antrim, June 04 – 05. Like 2015, the 2016 Gran Fondo event will be a special experience with fully closed roads, two challenging routes and post ride party with wood fired oven pizzas, gourmet pasta dishes, Italian beer and wine and fun cycling activities such as a Velodrome at Titanic Exhibition Centre.
- Cruise the Lough at Crom, Crom Estate, Co. Fermanagh, May 30. Discover Crom Estate, one of Ireland’s most important nature conservation areas from the water on a cruise around Upper Lough Erne in Crom’s 100-year-old traditional craft. Price £4/£2.
- Gran Fondo Giro d’Italia Italian Inspired Menu Evening, Coppi Restaurant, Belfast, Co. Antrim, June 03. The official charity of the Gran Fondo Giro d’Italia NI, Co-operation Ireland, invites you to an evening in celebration of all things Italian. Enjoy a creative Giro inspired menu and complimentary Italian wines by Executive Chef Tony O’Neill, meet Giro d’Italia winners and world cycling champions Stephen Roche and Gianni Bugno and get your photo taken with the iconic Giro Trophy. There is also a superb auction and raffle. To book call (028) 9089 1004.
- Family Fun Day at The Jungle, Magherafelt, Co. Londonderry, May30. Similar to a fun-fair, The Jungle’s Family Fun Day is an open-park day and offers a range of outdoor activities by token such as archery, zorbing and Llama trekking. With both kids’ activities and adult adventures to be had, there is something for everyone. Starts at 11am.
- Walled City Music Festival, Culturlann/The Glassworks, Co. Londonderry, May 02 – 05. The Walled City Music Festival presents four packed days of high-quality classical music concerts and events, featuring guest artists including Andy Akiho and Ian David Rosenbaum, Jeremy Denk, Measha Brueggergosman.
- Slieve Donard Moonlit Walk, Slieve Donard, Co. Down, June 03. Challenge yourself to make it to the highest peak in Northern Ireland – in the dark! Starting at 19:30 you will plan to make it to the summit where you will be able to stargaze and marvel at the lights of Newcastle and beyond, before returning to the main car park around midnight.
- Marble Arch Caves Family Fun Day, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh, May 30. Take a visit to the Marble Arch Caves Global Geopark and enjoy a jam-packed programme of events taking place through the day including an interactive family nature hunt, face painting as well as a variety of arts and crafts activities. Charges for additional activities apply.
- Old, New, Borrowed & Blue, Ulster American Folk Park, Co. Tyrone, May 04 – 05. Celebrate weddings from both sides of the Atlantic on the one day. The 19th century rural Ulster wedding will take you on a journey from courting, to the church and then on to the wedding feast. On the ‘New World’ side of the museum you will join the 18th century wedding party in pioneer America, complete with old-time music and dancing in the Pennsylvania Barn.
Please note some of the events require pre-booking. For more details on these and other events click on www.discovernorthernireland.com/events, visit your local tourist information centre or log onto www.facebook.com/discovernorthernireland.