DiscoverNorthernIreland.com has stacks of fun things to do across NI, from family days out to gigs and cultural events. Here are 10 exciting things taking place next week (4-10 December).
- Christmas Evenings at Ulster Folk & Transport Museum, Co. Down, 1-15 December. Leave the hustle and bustle of the high street behind and step back in time into the candlelit Ballycultra village to experience a traditional Christmas from 100 years ago at the Ulster Folk and Transport Museum. Includes Christmas carolling, traditional Christmas fayre, make your own Christmas decoration and much more.
- Coca-Cola’s Christmas Truck Tour 2017, Belfast, 6 December. Holidays are coming back to Northern Ireland as the famous Coca-Cola Christmas Truck pulls into town. Arriving at 2pm to the SSE Arena, the public will have an opportunity to take a souvenir photo with the Coca-Cola Christmas Truck.
- Nelson Reis Presents Mark Knight, Co. Tyrone, 9 December. Glenavon House, Cookstown invites you to a new dance music event of House Techno. DJ & Producer Nelson Reis will support Mark Knight, Boss of Toolroom Records, Grammy-nominated and second highest-selling Beatport artist of all-time.
- Magical Christmas at Castle Coole, Co. Fermanagh, 9-17 December. Visit Santa and Mrs Claus in their festive home as they prepare for the busy Christmas season. Each child receives a present and grown-ups can enjoy warming mulled wine and mince pies. To book visit NationalTrust.org.uk.
- Flowerworks Adult Workshop, Co. Down, 9 December. Choose either a morning or afternoon session at the Old Town Hall, Banbridge, to kick-start the Christmas season. Learn to make a seasonal statement piece for your door or mantle using foliage, berries and accessories. Romaine Hodgen leads the class, where you will take home a display that you won’t find in the shops. To book call 028 4062 0232.
- The Magical Christmas Vintage & Handmade Fair, Belfast, 10 December. Frock Around The Clock will return to beautiful Belfast Castle for The Magical Christmas Vintage and Handmade Fair. The fair will feature over 50 fantastic stalls of vintage, handcrafted and upcycled fashion, furniture, homewares and collectables, textiles and decor, jewellery, sweet treats, toys, art, craft, gifts, artisan food, Christmas crafts and decor and much more.
- Snowtube with Santa, Co. Armagh, 9-10 December. Not only is snowtubing great fun, it can help your children fit and healthy. Santa will be visiting Craigavon Watersports Centre, along with the alpine lodge café serving festive favourites, from mince pies to mulled wine. Suitable for ages 4-12 years old, spaces limited. To book call 028 3832 6606.
- Eilidh Patterson Band, Derry~Londonderry, 8 December. Eilidh Patterson’s an accomplished finger-style guitarist, seamlessly blends folk and bluegrass with her crystalline voice, and is one of Northern Ireland’s best-loved songwriters. Join Eilidh at this candlelit, cabaret style event with free seating at the Roe Valley Arts & Cultural Centre. To book call 028 7776 0650.
- Christmas Craft Workshops, Derry~Londonderry, 2-9 December. The Tower Museum will be offering visitors the chance to revisit the ghosts of Christmas past throughout December by hosting three special workshops focusing on Christmas crafts through the decades. At each of the workshops participants will have the opportunity to create Victorian style decorations and cards which they can take home to give to friends and loved ones. To book call 028 7137 2411.
- Christmas Lights Switch On, Co. Antrim, 7 December. Santa has a very busy schedule as he stops off in Ballycastle to help turn on the Christmas lights. Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council has organised a fantastic calendar of events to celebrate his arrival including live music and carol singing. Santa will also be bringing along his mobile grotto and each child of primary school age and under will receive a small pre-Christmas gift to mark the occasion.
For more information on these events or to plan a short break in Northern Ireland, visit www.DiscoverNorthernIreland.com.