DiscoverNorthernIreland.com has stacks of fun things to do across NI, from family days out to gigs and cultural events. Here are ten exciting things taking place this week (4 – 10 June)
- Castlerock Clydesdale Horse Show & Fun Day, Coleraine, 9 June. The annual Clydesdale horse show and fun day in Castlerock is an excellent day out for all the family at the seaside. The day includes the horse show followed by a parade of the Clydesdales, craft stalls, a BBQ, bouncy castle, a penalty kick competition and much more.
- Salmon & Whiskey Festival, Bushmills, 9-10 June. A two-day festival showcasing local music, food and arts. The festival includes whiskey-tasting, demonstrations, live music, dance troupes, street performers and much more.
- O-Bon Japanese Festival, Derry~Londonderry, 9 June. The Playtrail will be transformed into ‘Little Tokyo’ where there will be Japanese games, Manga martial arts, Japanese dance and Taiko drumming. As the darkness falls, the evening will culminate in the spectacular Toro Nagashi Lantern Ceremony.
- Armagh County Agricultural Show, Armagh, June. The Armagh County Agricultural Show and Country Festival offers a great day out for all the family. Come along and enjoy equestrian events, home industries, food village, vintage displays, trade stands and much more.
- Mourne Way Marathon, Newry, 9 June. In the Mourne Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty participants take part in a variety of races, from the staggering 52 mile long Ultra Marathon to the more relaxing but still rigorous challenge walk in aid of Northern Ireland Chest Heart & Stroke.
- Belfast Book Festival, Belfast, 6-16 June. The 8th Belfast Book Festival returns and is growing from strength to strength feathering authors, workshops, music, comedy, poetry, theatre and discussions. Festival-goers will be treated to the best international and local talent at the Crescent Arts Centre and partner venues across the city.
- Sea Bangor Festival, Bangor, 9-10 June. The popular maritime festival returns with a host of activities including live music, food stalls, street theatre and impressive displays that the event is known and loved for.
- Cloughmills June Fair, Cloughmills, 9-10 June. Enjoy live music, market stalls, dancing exhibitions and craft activities at this fair. This fair also features interactive workshops on bushcraft, archery, blacksmithing, willow sculpturing, cooking and bread making demonstrations.
- Fun Run of the Glens, Glenravel, 9 June. Join hundreds of cyclists and runners taking on the Glens in this fantastic annual event in aid of Cancer Focus Northern Ireland.
- Avenged Sevenfold, Belfast, 6 June. Recently described as the one metal band of their generation with genuine stadium-filling ability on both sides of the Atlantic, heavyweight US metal legends Avenged Sevenfold headline the SSE Arena.
For more information on these events or to plan a short break in Northern Ireland, visit www.DiscoverNorthernIreland.com.