DiscoverNorthernIreland.com has stacks of fun things to do across NI, from family days out to gigs and cultural events. Here are ten exciting things taking place this week (28 May- 3 June)
- Causeway Coast Ford Fair, Portrush, 3 June. The 14th Annual Causeway Coast Ford Fair takes place on the West Strand. The fair showcases a wide range of classic and vintage Ford vehicles and hosts a trade village selling car-related merchandise, a food village and a children’s entertainment area, offering a fabulous family day out for everyone.
- Ballymoney Show, Ballymoney, 1-2 June. One of the oldest and largest agricultural shows in Northern Ireland, offering two days of fun for all the family. In addition to livestock judging the show offers equestrian events, home industries and school competitions, dog shows, live musical entertainment, tug of war games and football competitions and more. There are over 100 trade stands showcasing artisan food, rural crafts and agricultural products.
- Michael McIntyre, Belfast, 2 June. Britain’s biggest comedian Michael McIntyre is going global with his Big World Tour coming to the SSE Arena. With his trademark quick fire style, he shares humorous anecdotes of his life, jokes and much more to create a night full of laughs.
- Rathlin Sound Maritime Festival, Ballycastle, 25 May-3 June. The festival celebrates culture, cuisine and coastal treasures with exciting sea-focused events such as curraghs, have-a-go kayaking, cookery demonstrations, classes and traditional music. Naturally North Coast, the Glens Artisan Market and an ‘Ulster Chowder Cook off’ only give a flavour of what is on offer to see and do.
- Walled City Marathon, Derry~Londonderry, 3 June. From the Everglades Hotel to the historic Guildhall Square, the SSE Walled City Marathon sees athletes from Ireland, Britain and across the world arrive in Derry~Londonderry to compete over a stunning 26.2 mile course that takes in all the sights and sounds of the city.
- Otter MAYhem at Exploris Aquarium, Portaferry, 28 May. Combining the Spring Bank Holiday and World Otter Day, Exploris is hosting an Otter MAYhem event. Take part in animal talks and feeding demos as well as some ‘otter madness’ themed crafts and lots more entertainment for all the family.
- Mid Ulster Vintage Rally, Moneymore, 2 June. Hosted by the Mid Ulster Vintage Vehicle Club you can enjoy the largest vintage vehicle rally in Mid Ulster. Hundreds of vehicles and items of machinery will be on display with fun for all the family.
- Ulster Orchestra Season Grand Finale: Shostakovich Symphony No.5, Belfast, 1 June. Sweeping Romantic and epic national treasures come together in the season finale; three poetry-inspired pieces that reflect the concerns of the soul and ultimately end in the triumph of the human spirit will be performed at the Ulster Hall.
- RuPaul’s Drag Race: Werq The World Tour 2018, Belfast, 1 June. Enjoy a fabulous evening at the Waterfront Hall hosted by celebrity judge Michelle Visage, with sickening performances by Kim Chi, Latrice Royale, Shangela, Sharon Needles, Violet Chachki, Valentina and a surprise guest from the all new 10th season.
- ForM Sculpture Exhibition, Bangor, 2-14 June. The exhibition showcases works from an array of artists in the beautiful surroundings of Bangor Castle’s Walled Garden. The sculptures, inspired by the garden, will give visitors a unique experience and the opportunity to see art in a different context.
For more information on these events or to plan a short break in Northern Ireland, visit www.DiscoverNorthernIreland.com.