DiscoverNorthernIreland.com has stacks of fun things to do across NI, from family days out to gigs and cultural events. Here are ten exciting things taking place this week (1 – 7 October)
- HMS Caroline Beer and Cider Festival, Belfast, 6 October. Entry to the festival allows you access to HMS Caroline, the sole survivor of the Battle of Jutland in World War One. The drill hall will be alive with chatter with demonstrations on how to pour the perfect pint and tips on how to make the best beer and cider. Then unwind at the beer and cider bar as you listen to local artists and entertainers.
- Enniskillen 100, Co. Fermanagh, 6 October. Motorcycle Racing returns to Fermanagh in the form of the Enniskillen 100 Revival – Ulster Superbike Championship Round 9. Sixteen races around the 1.2 mile airfield circuit provide non- stop action which will see Ulster championship titles being won.
- Red Bull Foxhunt, Newry, 6 – 7 October. 550 riders will compete down Rostrevor’s downhill tracks, moorlands and forest roads in a bid to outride three all-star Foxes. Experience the thrill in the race village over the weekend and get up close to some of the riders, sample local artisan food and soak up the atmosphere.
- A Disappearing Act, Belfast, 4 – 6 October. Join Philip’s family and friends at the Crescent Arts Theatre for one final disappearing act, an immersive comedy about the end of life. Combining cheesy magic, exuberant music and audience participation, A Disappearing Act is a witty, inventive and sometimes awkward exploration of our mortality, the rituals we use to accept it and say goodbye to the ones we love.
- Zombie Run, Magherafelt, 6 – 7 October. Zombie Run is a 6K obstacle run with a fiendish Halloween twist. Cover treacherous terrain in your mission to evade the insatiable zombies. This year’s obstacles are bigger than ever before, with new obstacles including the exhilarating giant water slide. 2k and 5k kid’s runs are also available.
- Waggy Races – The Mount Stewart 5k, Newtownards, 7 October. Waggy Races is a cross country fun run for you to compete in as a team with your dog/s. The 12th Waggy Races will take place on the shores of Strangford Lough at the beautiful National Trust Property Mount Stewart.
- Cinemagic International Film and Television Festival, Belfast, 5 – 26 October. An action packed festival full of film screenings including special premieres, international feature films, documentaries, short films, foreign language films and education screenings. Throughout the festival Cinemagic will also be offering young people the opportunity to take part in practical events including industry workshops and exciting masterclasses.
- Fashion Show & Sparkling Afternoon Tea, Derry~Londonderry, 7 October. Spend an afternoon in the elegant Northern Counties Ballroom at the stunning Bishop’s Gate Hotel for an afternoon of sweet treats, delicate finger sandwiches and a live showcase of some of the wonderful products in Tahlia Leathers range. A pop up shop will be available after the show to allow guests to purchase some of the items featured in the fashion showcase.
- Yoga & Mindfulness Weekend, Omagh, 5 – 7 October. Head to An Creagán for a weekend of Yoga & Mindfulness. Their Autumn nurturing retreat gives you the chance to be nourished by the best that the Sperrins has to offer. The weekend includes yoga and mindful movement, activities and meditation all whilst surrounded by nature and beautiful landscapes.
- Joanna Lumley – It’s All About Me, Belfast, 6 October. Joanna will regale fans with tales from her incredible career spanning more than four decades at the Waterfront Hall, recounting some never heard before stories. She will also be joined on stage by Clive Tulloh, who will put to Joanna questions from the audience that they’ve always wanted to ask, making the show a unique and hilarious night to remember.
For more information on these events or to plan a short break in Northern Ireland, visit www.DiscoverNorthernIreland.com.