DiscoverNorthernIreland.com has stacks of fun things to do across NI, from family days out to gigs and cultural events. Here are ten exciting things taking place this week (26 November – 2 December)
- Basketball Hall of Fame Belfast Classic, Belfast, 29 November – 1 December. This year’s Belfast Classic will welcome eight NCAA Division I college basketball teams – University at Albany, University at Buffalo, Dartmouth College, LIU Brooklyn, Marist College, University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee, University of San Francisco, and Stephen F. Austin State University – to the SSE Arena as they go head-to-head in eight fast-paced games over the three-day tournament.
- Fleadh Feirste: The Gaeltacht Quarter Festival, Belfast, 28 November – 2 December. Enjoy traditional music, art exhibitions, poetry events and activities for children. Line-up includes critically acclaimed production Aisling?, traditional musicians Robbie Hannan and Paddy Glackin and singer/guitarist SÍOMHA.
- Comber Christmas Fair in the Square, Comber, 29 November. Come along and visit Santa’s Grotto, meet Santa’s little helpers, and see him arrive on his sleigh pulled by real reindeers. With over 60 stalls with local food, arts and crafts along with music and carol singing – this event is festive fun for all the family. The Christmas lights will be switched on at 7pm.
- The Elves have Taken Over Todds Leap, Dungannon, 1 December. This Christmas, Santa’s mischievous little elves have taken over Todds Leap. Come along and you’ll be transported to a winter wonderland where all the magic happens. Visit Santa, post your letter, tour the elves classroom and visit Ms Claus in her kitchen.
- Belfast Christmas Market, Belfast, 17 November – 22 December. The popular Christmas Market returns to Belfast City Hall and offers an authentic feast of quality international cuisine alongside a carefully curated mix of handcrafted goods and bespoke artisan products.
- Ballycastle Christmas Lights Switch On, Ballycastle, 29 November. Preparations are well under way for the Christmas lights switch on. Come along and help celebrate the arrival of the festive season with lots of family friendly entertainment. Santa Claus is due to make a very special appearance along with the Mayor, arriving by horse drawn carriage.
- The Christmassy Christmas Show, Bangor, 1 December. Stuffed stocking of seasonal surprises crammed with puppets, songs and comedy, and overflowing with crazy characters, silly slapstick, tall tales and fantastic facts – all presented in that unique Squashbox style at Studio 1A.
- Christmas Fair, Dungannon, 1 – 2 December. The festive period is not complete without a visit to the Argory’s Christmas Fair, featuring craft, food and drink stalls, as well as traditional festive entertainment. Soak up the wonderful atmosphere and see the house decorated for the season.
- Ladies Retreat Weekend, Omagh, 30 November – 2 December. The Ladies Retreat Weekend at An Creagán offers the chance to be pampered by the best that the Sperrins has to offer, including high tea, ladies night, candle making and walks in the beautiful landscape.
- Creative Peninsula Christmas Fair, Newtownards, 30 November – 1 December. Be inspired to purchase the perfect, unique, handcrafted Christmas gift in the opulent festive setting of the Georgian and Sunburst galleries of Ards Arts Centre. Seasonal interludes, complimentary gift wrapping and festive refreshments combine to make Christmas shopping a pleasure.
For more information on these events or to plan a short break in Northern Ireland, visit www.DiscoverNorthernIreland.com.