DiscoverNorthernIreland.com has stacks of fun things to do across NI, from family days out to gigs and cultural events. Here are ten exciting things taking place this week (10-16 June)
1. Father’s Day Experience at the National Football Stadium, Belfast, 16 June. Windsor Park’s Father’s Day Experience invites you and your dad to relive the atmosphere of some of its famous nights, gain insights into the drama on and off the pitch and feel the rush of emotions shared by everyone in the stadium – win, lose or draw.
2. The Epic Journey to The 148th Open, Tyrone, 13 June. The Epic Journey to The 148th Open tour will include golf’s most iconic trophy, the Claret Jug, along with a giant #TheOpen letter sculpture, designed by Tourism NI and made out of 4,000 golf balls. Enjoy the opportunity to have your photo taken with the replica Claret Jug, chat with local sports stars and test your pitching skills as the tour comes to the Hill of O’Neill Visitor Centre in Tyrone.
3. Fun Run of the Glens (FROG), Ballymena, 15 June. Join hundreds of cyclists and runners taking on the Glens in this fantastic annual event. Challenge yourself on a number of cycling, running or walking routes with all proceeds going to Cancer Focus NI.
4. Belsonic 2019, Belfast, 12-28 June. The popular festival once again runs throughout June. This year’s massive line-up includes Slash, George Ezra, Hozier and The Killers, playing different dates throughout the month.
5. Strajamba, Strabane, 15 June. The live music festival returns to Strabane’s Canal Basin. In addition to headline act Nathan Carter, the festival showcases local performers including Mickey Joe Harte and David Oliver and hosts a great selection of food vendors.
6. Belcycle Festival, Belfast, 15 June. This event at the CS Lewis Square will host bikes of all shapes and sizes to test ride on the day including tandems, a side- by-side bike and balance bikes. Event includes activities such as children’s cycle training, maintenance workshops, led rides, giant outdoor games and a slow bike race.
7. Danny Boy Jazz and Blues Festival, Limavady, 13-16 June. The Danny Boy Jazz and Blues Festival taking place in and around the town centre of Limavady promises an array of top quality jazz and blues acts with headline act Clara Rose and special guests.
8. Father’s Day Tea, Belfast, 16 June. Step back in time at Titanic Belfast to a period of luxury, elegance and five-star service as you enjoy a sumptuous menu featuring a selection of finger sandwiches, classic scones with fresh cream, mouth-watering sweet treats and tasty savoury bites.
9. Art in the Garden, Holywood, 15 June-1 July. The Culloden Estate, in conjunction with Gormleys Fine Arts, will play host to a unique art exhibition, including the largest collection of Dali’s works seen in Ireland.
10. The Girl on the Train, Belfast, 11-15 June. Adapted from Paula Hawkins’ novel – an international phenomenon selling over twenty million copies worldwide – and starring Samantha Womack, this gripping new play at the Grand Opera House will keep you guessing until the final moment.
For more information on these events or to plan a short break in Northern Ireland, visit www.DiscoverNorthernIreland.com.