Here are ten exciting things taking place 21 – 27 November 2022
- A Magical Christmas Experience at Titanic Belfast,Belfast, 23 November – 23 December. Journey through the Enchanted Forest before stepping through the Old Curiosity Shop into the Elves’ Workshop. Visit Mrs Claus, listen to some Christmas tales and stop by the post office to write your Christmas letter before enjoying some arts and crafts. Finally, wrap up your Magical Christmas Experience by having your name checked off the ‘Naughty or Nice’ list by Chief Elf – those on the ‘Nice’ list will get to meet Father Christmas.
- Armagh Georgian Weekend,County Armagh, 24 – 27 November. Step back in time as the Georgian Festival returns to Armagh. Delve into the Georgian history of Armagh through the buildings, characters and customs of the latter half of the 18th Century. Many events require a ticket which must be booked in advance online. Please see website for full details, including tickets and pricing.
- Harness Friendship Four, Belfast,25 – 26 November. The Friendship Four ice hockey tournament will return to Belfast in November. Taking place at The SSE Arena, Belfast, the high-profile tournament, organised by The Odyssey Trust, will bring four top U.S. college hockey teams together to compete for the coveted Belpot trophy over Thanksgiving weekend.
- Santa’s Island Adventure, Enniskillen, County Fermanagh, 26 November – 20December. Set sail on the short crossing to Santa’s Island from Enniskillen Castle Jetty and travel to Santa’s magical Island Workshop where you will be greeted by your personal Elf or Nutcracker guide. Enjoy Christmas activities onboard Santa’s Sleigh boat, including designing Christmas baubles and decorating cookies with the elves. Take a short visit to the reindeer stables before they come inside for the night and finish the festive trip by visiting Mrs Claus’ kitchen.
- Meet the Maker Dasalee artisan craftat Mount Stewart, Newtownards, County Down, 26 – 27 Meet some of Northern Ireland’s fabulous local designers and artisans. Dasalee are sisters Stephanie Hazelton and Sheila Oldcroft, two textile artists from County Tyrone. They collaborate, together with their individual skills in a unique way to produce textile art. Watch them in action as they create their beautiful pieces at National Trust’s Mount Stewart, which will also be available for purchase. Perfect for a special Christmas present!
- Thanksgiving Celebrations at Ulster American Folk Park, Omagh, County Tyrone, 26 – 27 November.Discover Thanksgiving of the past at Ulster American Folk Park, with a traditional 19th century celebration. Join the Partridges of Slippery Rock in Butler County in their Western Pennsylvania Log House as they prepare their turkey and anxiously await the return of their only son Joseph, an infantryman in the Union Army. You’ll be able to witness these performances at 11:00, 14:00, and 15:30. Taste traditional thanksgiving food like Succotash and apple pie in their Log Cabin and try your hand at Barn Dancing to the Virginia Reel.
- Guildhall Craft & Artisan Food Fair, Derry~Londonderry, 25 –27 November. Join the fun as we welcome local craft design-makers and artisan food producers to the Guildhall Craft Fair 2022. The fair takes place in the historical Guildhall in Derry~Londonderry’s city centre and is renowned for attracting a large number of visitors looking for that special gift for Christmas.
- Let’s Talk Trees,Florencecourt, County Fermanagh, 27 November. Join Marble Arch Caves Ranger, Dr Kate Crane, on a walk in the Cladagh Glen National Nature Reserve looking at the species of trees that grow in this beautiful nature reserve as we celebrate National Tree Week. Kate will guide you through this ancient woodland, talking about the karst landscape and biodiversity of the area. You will gain a greater understanding of why the site is designated a National Nature Reserve and Area of Special Scientific Interest.
- Enchanted Winter Garden, Antrim, County Antrim, 26 November – 20 December. As the winter sun sets over Lough Neagh, Antrim Castle Gardens comes alive with lights and magic for the perfect Christmas experience suitable for everyone. Visit the fairies in Wonderland Wood, drop inand see Santa and meet the sprites in Pixieland who will help fill you with the Christmas spirit.
- The Snow Queen at Lyric Theatre, Belfast, 25 November – 31 December. This Christmas at the Lyric Theatre, Paul Boyd and the team that brought you the Lyric’s hit musicals Peter Pan, Alice TheMusical, and Pinocchio The Greatest Wonder of the Age, present an all-new version of The Snow Queen. Join Gerda on her quest in Paul Boyd’s new musical adventure, a glittering spectacular for all ages adapted from Hans Christian Andersen’s much-loved tale of courage, adventure, and friendship.
Booking is essential for most activities. Book in advance to avoid disappointment. Subject to availability.
For more information on what’s on or to plan a short break in Northern Ireland, visit www.discovernorthernireland.com